What happens when you see the osteopath
- Your initial consultation will last at least 45 minutes. The symptoms that you require treating will be discussed, in combination with other aspects of your health and fitness.
- All aspects of your health will be considered before a diagnosis is made. The diagnosis, treatment and prognosis, including an estimate of how many treatments you may need, will be explained to you before treatment commences.
- The individual treatments you receive will be tailor made for you. They usually change as your symptoms improve.
- Occasionally you may require further testing before treatment. This may involve blood tests, x-rays or scans, which can be organised via your GP.
- Your consultation is entirely confidential.
- In order to examine you, you will be asked to undress to your underwear. Please bring a pair of shorts if you would feel more comfortable.